How to get a general overview of AutomationML?
- Read the "AutomationML in a Nutshell" document - also available in French.
- Read the advantages for AutomationML e.V. members.
- Read the articles (in German) published within specialist magazine "SPS-Magazin".
All informative documents you find here in one file.
- Download the free AutomationML editor from the download area.
This software has been developed by the AutomationML society in order to visualize major AutomationML concepts and provides functionality to visualize, create and edit AutomationML/CAEX files. The AutomationML editor is suited for educational purposes and a perfect entry point for learning, experimenting and understanding AutomationML. However, the tool should not be considered as engineering software. A tutorial is available on AutomationML’s YouTube channel.
- Attend AutomationML’s user conference .
What to know to develop an AutomationML interface?
- Read the AutomationML whitepapers:
Each single part is going to be standardised internationally within the IEC 62714.
- Read the Application Recommendations:
- Read the Best Practice Recommendations:
- Information about CAEX, COLLADA, and PLCopen XML are also available on our homepage. Furthermore the logic specific addData schema is downloadable here.
- Have a look at the implementers examples.
- Download the current free version of the AutomationML engine from the download area. The full version, which includes the source code, is only available for AutomationML members. Read the licence terms carefully.
The Engine (.NET/C# environment) is a software representation of CAEX. It provides software functionality to create and manipulate CAEX files according to IEC 62424 and IEC 62714 as well as validate against basic rules according to IEC 62714. The Engine is the software foundation for a variety of AutomationML software, e.g. for the AutomationML editor. It can be used for developing own AutomationML interface.
- Attend AutomationML’s plug fest .